little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
I’m proud of you for managing to get out of bed today.
I’m proud of you for taking your medication.
I’m proud of you for eating.
I’m proud of you for being kind even when you didn’t feel like it.
I’m proud of you for practicing self care.
I’m proud of you for not hurting yourself. And if you did, i’m sorry you felt the need to do so, but i really do hope you choose recovery again. You are not a bad person.
Don’t give up. You can do it.